Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Speech Proposal

The company that I am giving my speech on is Sports Clips.  Sports Clips is a place to haircuts that has a sports theme.  I am choosing to do a speech about them because the way in which they use advertising is interesting to me.  They focus on a very specific audience, and I was interested what affect that may have on their business.  I think their advertisements play a big role in why they are successful.
I am choosing to analyze a few advertisements.  One is a print advertisement.  It shows two guys watching TV and smiling.  The caption says, "Guys watch sports. Guys get haircuts"  The other advertisement I am choosing to analyze is a commercial.  The basis of the commercial is that everything we do has some sort of competition so Sports Clips is the place to go for a haircut.  I also have two outside sources that tell me the successfulness of the company.  One article is from Forbes, and states that Sports Clips is the second best franchising opportunity.  The other one is from NASDAQ.  These are both very reliable sources that evaluate Sports Clips.
The two main things that I am going to analyze about these advertisements are audience and pathos.  Sports Clips has a very specific audience.  In terms of the print advertisement they address it to men specifically.  Also, in the commercial there are only guys getting a haircut.  I found this to be interesting because they are narrowing the potential market for their product.  The other thing that plays a big role in their advertisement is pathos.  The main emotions they try to instill in their audience is a sense of fun.  They attempt to show people having a good time getter their haircut, which they believe will get more people into their store.
The visual aid I will use for the speech is a PowerPoint.  On the PowerPoint I will display the advertisements I am using to point out to the audience what I am talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment